Saturday, January 12, 2008

Soul searching on a rainy day...

It's been pouring intermittently between days. Am starting to wonder if the weather's working it's enigma on me lately. I love rainy days. You know, the smell of fresh rain, the grey skies, the first pitter-patter against the window pane, then everything around outside goes fuzzy...Like the world's going through some sort of spiritual cleansing. I've realised recently that I've stopped doing those things. Noticing that is. You know alot of us get totally caught up in a myriad of emotions we forget what helps take away the hitches in our lives (like the natural phenomenon such as rain or whatever it may be for you), if even for a few seconds.

So yes, 'soul searching'. If you try to be funny (which I am attempting to be) you could actually force some sort of double meaning out of it: A time to contemplate and reflect on past present behaviours and desires, or finding a Soulmate. The term as such a mystical affinity to it! Eeeeyer....

So even if you think you've found the ultimate half of your soul, surely the magic's going to dwindle as years crawl by? It's feeling like Christmas is magical as a child, and then finding out that there isn't a Santa. So, if keeping the magic alive is to carry on with the pretence that Santa's (let's use 'Santa' to replace 'magic' for a bit here *lol*) alive and kicking in the deep crevices of an iceberg in an igloo sipping hot cocoa with his elves in the Northpole, surely it MUST be denial? Maybe. But maybe not. Perhaps it's about having hope and celebrating it. OR, it's probably not about finding that perfect someone, but finding perfection in that someone? Tough right. But not impossible I guess. People say that you'll just know.

Clueless person: "How do you like, you know...KNOW?"
Person who knows: "Well, I guess you know....You'll just KNOW."

Like WOW that really helps eh. Tough! Starting to feel like this entry belongs on an episode of Oprah. *lol*

So drabby la my mood is. Anyway there's 'stuff' going on in my life at the moment that's difficult to discuss so openly. All I know is, that it is all in this good ol' head of mine. Just have to remind myself that it's just 'stuff' and I shouldn't sweat it too much. Whatever it is can't be huge compared to what the rest of the world is going through. Using that analogy somehow helps get me through whenever I feel really lousy about something. That, or a tub of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia!

Ok eeeeeenufff of whining. Time to do some actual soul searching, count my many many blessings in life which I should be so thankful for (and I truly am), pull the curtains apart and watch the rain slowly wash over the world. Shall leave you with my quote of the week, "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars."

No comments: