Friday, January 4, 2008

Embracing the new year with thanks


Performing with Robert Sunga at Countdown 2008, Vivo City.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZIgSJvjQAE


Here are some shots of the solo pre-show performances that night, googled and found on blog sites. :)

Having a talk on stage with hottie Max Loong. Blur pic...pity pity.

Happy 2008 one and all! Hope you all had a merry merry one. I don't quite believe in making resolutions, because there are just too many things I feel I need to do or improve. So my list would be extremely long. But one thing I do hope for me and for everyone else, is that we be happier and content with what we already have in our lives at present. You know, the simple things we greedy humans often overlook. Family is important, and so I really do hope to make more time for them.

So thank you mummy, daddy, my two beautiful sisters and my angel of a brother. Thank you mummy and daddy for always letting me know that I am loved and special, for being my silent pillars of strength, for allowing me to make mistakes and loving me the same still, for worrying about whether I've had enough to eat or sleep and for being supportive of whatever it is I choose to do. I hope that so far, I've made you both proud enough. Thank you Reen and Dra for teaching me what sisters do for each other, for laughing and crying with me, for always reminding me that God is with me in whatever I do, for being my big sisters even though I am older but not necessarily wiser, for loving me as I am faults and all. Kevin boy, I have always believed that you are our angel sent from above to teach our family Life's lessons; you carry something within you that constantly reminds me that life is precious and should be treasured, you've taught me that to be able to wake up everyday is a miracle in itself; and thank you for laughing with me on the silliest things and singing your Hokkien songs. LOL. I hope to be a better daughter and sister. I love you all greatly and pray that God keeps you safe and in his arms throughout 2008.

Also like to say how grateful I am to all who have been cardinal in my adventure (I like to call it that LOL) so far since Live The Dream. Thank you for showing me so much support and for your endless encouragement. God bless and hugs all round!

I want to do more in 2008, so I hope more doors will open with a little bit of luck being at the right place at the right time.

I just had a 'light bulb' moment. *ting!*

Instead of making resolutions which I am terrible at even remembering or keeping, I shall come up with a list of things I wish to attempt this year perhaps, or hope to do la. I once read somewhere that it is good to make and keep a To-Do Life List, and then set about doing them one by one. I've already started my list early last year and managed to cross off a couple of them. Think it would be nice to share it with everyone here.

Tomorrow, I have got to remember to pick up my jacket which I left behind at the hairdresser's last week! And and and...am happy that I'm going to meet my 'breast' friend for dinner tomorrow (actually later today...) and dessert and exchange gifts!! Yes we're still in time! It is still Christmas! I hope she likes what I got for her. LOL.

Till then, it's getting late and I should be in bed all warm and snuggled with my 2 kitties which I shall post pictures of soon. Sweetest dreams one and all!

4 comments:

Atiqah said...

hey shauna,i've got 2 clear pics of you.you want?

=))

Princess Parsley said...

Hey Atiqah! That would be really great! :) Were you at the mosh pit? :)Perhaps I could trouble you to send it to shauna.livethedream@gmail.com?

Atiqah said...

ya i was at the moshpit!!
i'm sending it to you now..
=))

TaNaT DaMaN said...

Hi Shauna, other than the pics that u borrowed from my blog (I also uploaded a few in the Mediacorp forum), I got lots of pics of u which I had uploaded in my Photobucket album... here's the links:
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc78/anakyn_rulz/Countdown%202008/Robert%20Sunga%20n%20Shauna%20Simon/
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc78/anakyn_rulz/LTD%20finalists%20at%20Vivo%20City/Shauna%20Simon/