Sunday, February 24, 2008

'Bak kuas' and birthday cakes

Happy Chinese New Year to one and all and may you be blessed with good health and many wondrous things! It's been quite some time since my last post, which happens to be of not much substance or interest but mere song lyrics. *lol* Anyhoo, it's been an on-off busy few weeks for me. Been going for meetings, job bookings and some other stuff. Oh and Sennheiser's thinking of taking me up on a endorsement deal with their mics and music equipment. Fingers toes and eyes crossed!

So to make up for posts, here's a clip that pretty much sums up my family's eccentricities at gatherings. Decked out in full-on 'Chai Sen Yeh' gear (Wealth God) is my uncle who gate crashed the party sporting a bagful of ang baos with 4D numbers inside. Everyone received a lucky packet.



I have the coolest family la!

Also this year, my birthday fell on the 3rd day of the Lunar New Year (Feb 9th baby), so it was really great seeing my one big nutty family under one roof again. Mummy, daddy, sisters, brother, aunties, uncles, cousins, boyfriends, ex-boyfriends *lol* all under one roof. So nice. And of course there was merry-making with friends and the special people in my life over the following week. I am so blessed. Not forgetting the bonus that comes with turning a year older: Birthday presents! I ate so much over the New Year that I fell ill with fever, which seems to be a yearly affair. Oh the woes of having great cooks for aunties. Anyhoo, I'm gonna keep this one short. So nighty night all!

No comments: