Sunday, February 3, 2008

Let me paint you a picture

Taffy and Phoebe sitting about the X'mas tree.

You see those two adorable fur balls? They own me. Anyhoo, I think the art fart bug has bitten me again. The last time it bit me I got all revved up and went shopping for art materials, paint and all that jazz. And then....nothing. What an anti-climax. Thought I'd actually get all dirty with paint all over my hands hunching over the easel fervently working a piece of art. I don't have an easel though, been meaning to get one since I last threw away my old one. I guess now it's pretty apparent, the procrastinator in me.

BUT! I did go shopping for frames. So that's a start right? I mean I was like taking note of the measurements so I can finally start working on a few ideas I have in my mind. Yes I do paint in my free time or when I feel inspired. Or, at times like this when the art bug comes abuzzing at my ear.

Among the plethora of ideas I've swept away into the corners of my mind, am thinking of doing a series of three paintings for mummy. Perhaps one of a plum blossom, duckweed and lotus flower. Since mummy loves plants, flowers, gardening and all that. Us three sisters' Mandarin names actually translate into those three plants. Me the plum blossom, Sandra the lotus flower, and Shereen the duckweed. So I thought it would be something nice for her to have. *smiles sheepishly*

Series of 3.
Mix media - Acrylic, gauche, gold pen, sequins on brown paper.


Maybe I should (one very fine day *lol*) sieve through the archive of artsy stuff I've done and put a couple up of them here. Some from many years back. Sounds like a plan. Here's one series from I think five years ago for a start. :)