Thursday, September 27, 2007

Live The Dream Roadshow and other ramblings

There will be a Live The Dream roadshow this Saturday, 29th September at Plaza Singapura from 3pm onwards. Do come down if you are passing through and get up close and personal with us. It will be fun! Hope to see you there.


It's been a week of ups and downs for me. But all is good still. Was a bit annoyed on Wednesday during my performance. My ear monitor which I practiced with was not working when I went on stage to sing! Had to rely on one ear to hear everything else. Was truly upsetting. But am over it. Sure hope it doesn't happen again. There seemed to be a couple of technical glitches that night.

That night, it didn't quite register that I had gotten through when Utt announced the results. It was only when I saw my entire sector suddenly jump up that I realised I must be safe. I was so emotional after that I guess everything started to pour out. My fears, relief, upset that Robert had to leave us, the sight of seeing my family and friends scream and jump for joy. I felt so much love and everything all at once it was hard to keep the tears from flowing.


The whole time on stage I kept seeing my daddy and mummy's toothy smile. Holding up my banner proudly. I see only love and how proud they are of me...and it moves me to tears. And I see my friends and the rest of my family, my beautiful sisters and my precious brother, all there. My cousins shouting their lungs out with the cute loud hailer, friends holding up the huge letters of my name with pride. My auntie and uncle who believe in me like crazy, shouting and giving me the thumbs up.

I went up to my family and friends after to say 'hi' for a very short time and had to be called back. :( I saw my daddy proudly smiling and waving a red package (a beautiful pendant which he bought and prayed over) for me and went to hug him and my family. I felt so much love and support and everyone was whispering words of love and encouragement. I heard my sister say when she hugged me, "God Bless you Jie". It was so emotional. I felt so lucky. I'm am so thankful for everything and everyone in my life. I think this is the best part of my journey in Live The Dream, because my family and friends are on it with me. You guys mean the world to me.

7 comments:

Atiqah said...

hey i was happy that you get into the next round!I wana meet you live but tmrw i can't make it.Will continue to support you!!

tc.. =))

-Joakim- said...

wah!!!! i didn't know you had a blog man..this is like FINDING NEMO!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

rock on shauna!!!

:)

Princess Parsley said...

thank you atiqah for all your support. hope you'll enjoy this week's upcoming performance. :)

Princess Parsley said...

ay joakim, what do you mean by finding nemo? haha

-Joakim- said...

haha it's an expression i use when i find something unexpected or find something nice hahahahaha :)

catch u on tv soon!!! alll ddd bessssttt

giselle said...

aaahhh. u get to hug utt! he's super duper cuteee

Princess Parsley said...

Yes Utt is utterly awesome and utterly cute!!